NYPEN - CEO Succession Seminar
Invitation Link: https://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Register/IdentityConfirmation.aspx?e=efe6b8c4-32e3-4e5c-a3de-7445831c4fb8
NYPEN and Mercer Delta Organizational Consulting are pleased to host a NYPEN Education Seminar on CEO Succession in the World of Private Equity on January 16th.
Changes in leadership are inevitable within many private equity investments. In some cases, the Founder-CEO chooses to step down after the buyout. In other cases, poor performance in the post-acquisition phase forces investors to replace the CEO. Whatever the reason for the transition, CEO Succession is rife with challenges and pitfalls that can undermine the performance of the new CEO. Boards and investors who understand these challenges and effectively manage CEO Succession are able to increase the likelihood of a smooth transition.
Discussion Topics for the class will include:
* The ecology of CEO failure linked to CEO Succession
* Critical success factors and best practices in CEO Succession
* Clarifying the Board’s (and Investors’) role in CEO Succession
* Case examples illustrating successful and unsuccessful CEO Successions
* Date: Tuesday, January 16, 2007
* Time: 7pm-8:30pm (followed by cocktails)
* Location: Offices of Mercer Delta, 1166 Avenue of the Americas (entrance is on 45th b/w 5th & 6th)
* Speaker: Greg Janicik - Principal at Mercer Delta Organizational Consulting and a former professor at NYU's Stern School of Business
This series focuses on the fundamentals of documenting equity investments. For investors who are experienced in the documentation process, the series will be a valuable review of the fundamentals and will be highly interactive, which will provide the opportunity to ask more detailed/advanced questions based on past experiences. For investors who have recently become involved in documenting transactions, these classes will provide a practical and applicable framework for navigating the documentation process and focusing on key points.
If you are not a NYPEN member, please register for NYPEN membership at www.nypen.org.