NYPEN International Series Inaugural Event
Invitation Link: http://guest.cvent.com/i.aspx?4W%2cM3%2cc64cbd54-9efd-46a8-9dcb-6b4b08061976
The New York Private Equity Network (“NYPEN”) International Series is pleased to invite you to its inaugural event, entitled ‘Investing in India 101’, on Wednesday, June 30th. The format will be a panel of experts followed by a networking reception, with a focus on what you need to know to get a private equity deal done in India.
India is the world’s largest democracy, the second most populous nation in the world, the fourth largest economy by PPP GDP, and a key emerging private equity market. A stellar lineup of experts – many based in India itself and visiting New York – will address key questions such as:
* What have been some of the most successful private equity investments in the country – and what made them ‘work’?
* What are the best investment theses for private equity investors seeking to participate in India’s rapid economic growth?
* What about the capital markets environment is different from the U.S.?
* How can a control-oriented leveraged buyout investor participate in India? How can a growth oriented investor participate?
* What are the best ways to execute accounting diligence and executive background checks?
* How are the country’s business norms around board governance and strategy development different from that in the U.S., particularly for family owned firms?
* What are the regulatory constraints on foreign private equity investment in major industries?
* What are the most tax-efficient structures for U.S. private equity firms investing in India?
* What liquidity alternatives are available to U.S. private equity investors?
Our speakers are a distinguished set of experienced ‘India hands’ from management consulting, investment banking, accounting, law, and risk management, including:
* Aly S. Jeddy, the managing Partner for McKinsey & Company’s Private Equity practice on the U.S. East Coast (based in New York)
* L. Brooks Entwistle, CEO and Country Head, Goldman Sachs India (based in Mumbai)
* Nishith Desai, Founder and CEO of Nishith Desai Associates, one of India’s most respected law firms and winner of Asian Counsel’s 2009 ‘External Counsel of the Year’ (based in Mumbai)
* Amitabh Jhingan, a Partner in Ernst & Young’s India Transaction Advisory Services group (based in New Delhi)
* Srinivas ‘Sri’ Kaushik, a Partner at Kirkland & Ellis who worked on one of India’s first LBOs (based in New York)
* Kenneth S. Springer, Founder and President of Corporate Resolutions, a business investigations firm with experience in India (based in New York)
This is a unique, focused opportunity to hear from – and meet in person – these country experts here in New York City, and we hope you will attend. Registration is free to all current private equity professionals.
Date: Wednesday, June 30th, 2010
Location: McKinsey & Company, 21st Floor, 55 East 52nd Street (between Madison and Park Avenue), New York
Timing: Formal presentation will begin at 7:00pm, followed by a cocktail reception for networking with the speakers at 8:30pm. Doors open for seating at 6:30pm.