Introduction to Mergers & Acquisition Tax Planning
Invitation Link: http://guest.cvent.com/d/ndq5fk/4W
The New York Private Equity Network (NYPEN) and Ernst & Young LLP will host an educational session, "Introduction to Mergers & Acquisition Tax Planning," which will be held on Thursday, October 21, 2010.
The discussions will be led by practitioners from Ernst and Young's Transaction Tax practice. The session will center around introductory tax and structuring concepts commonly encountered while assessing a transaction's tax effects.
What You Can Expect to Learn:
- Understanding of basic tax structuring concepts
- Impact to buyer and seller valuations when assessing a stock vs. asset transaction
- Overview of typical tax purchase price allocations
- Determining when a 338(h)10 election can be made
- Understanding the use of NOLs as they relate to asset and stock purchases
- Typical limitations on the use of acquired tax attributes, such as NOL carryforwards
- Overview of limitations on interest expense deductions
Date: Thursday, October 21, 2010
Time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm (followed by cocktails)
Location: Ernst & Young's Office, 5 Times Square (7th Ave b/w 42nd and 41st Streets)