NYPEN 2008 Accounting & Tax Education Series
Invitation Link: http://guest.cvent.com/i.aspx?1Q,M3,a387522d-5cf6-4df2-846b-8bb1203c9a65
The New York Private Equity Network (NYPEN) and Ernst & Young LLP invite you to attend the 2008 NYPEN Accounting & Tax Education session on the "Fundamentals of Accounting and Tax Structures", to be held on Tuesday, October 21, 2008.
The session will discuss important accounting and tax structuring concepts in private equity and venture capital transactions. The session will discuss alternative transaction structures, potential tax strategies of buyers and sellers and upcoming changes in purchase accounting rules. The discussion will be led by Ernst & Young's David Gette, a Transaction Tax Partner and Peter Hornecker, an On-call Advisory Services Partner.
What you can expect to learn:* Fundamental accounting and tax treatment of commonly used acquisition structures (including GAAP vs. tax implications, stock vs. asset acquisitions, taxable vs. non-taxable acquisitions)
* Tax objectives and strategies of buyers and sellers in common acquisition scenarios
* Introduction to advanced accounting and tax concepts commonly arising in private equity transactions
* Brief review of current accounting and tax rules impacted by recent regulatory changes
Event Details:* Date: Tuesday, October 21, 2008
* Time: 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm (followed by cocktails)
* Location: Ernst & Young's Office, 5 Times Square (7th Ave b/w 42nd and 41st Streets)