NYPEN Introduction to M&A Tax Planning
Invitation Link: http://guest.cvent.com/i.aspx?4W,M3,25355895-2f0d-4700-b396-bcda722506a5
The New York Private Equity Network (NYPEN) and Ernst & Young LLP will host an educational session, "Introduction to Mergers & Acquisition Tax Planning", which will be held on Tuesday, September 29, 2009.
The discussions will be led by Barry Grandon and David Gette, partners in Ernst and Young's Transaction Tax practice. The session will center around introductory tax and structuring concepts commonly encountered while assessing a transaction's tax effects.
What You Can Expect to Learn:
- Understanding basic tax structuring concepts
- Impact on valuation when assessing a stock vs. asset transaction
- Overview of typical tax purchase price allocations
- Determining when a 338(h)10 election can be made
- Understanding the use of NOLs
- Typical limitations on acquired tax attributes, such as NOL carryforwards
- Overview of limitations on interest expense deductions
Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm (followed by cocktails)
Location: Ernst & Young's Office, 5 Times Square (7th Ave b/w 42nd and 41st Streets)