NYPEN: Valuation and Accounting: Valuation of Portfolio Companies and Illiquid Assets
Invitation Link: http://guest.cvent.com/i.aspx?4W%2cM3%2cfeb9c6b8-260a-428c-a4b6-eeb48fa17776
The New York Private Equity Network ("NYPEN") and Ernst & Young LLP are pleased to invite you to our upcoming Valuation and Accounting educational session, "Valuation of Portfolio Companies and Illiquid Assets", to be held on Monday, May 10, 2010.
The discussions will be led by partners from Ernst and Young's Transaction Advisory Services Valuation practice.
What You Can Expect to Learn:
* Top recurring valuation issues and trends
* Current expectations of LPs' regarding fund reporting and portfolio valuation
* Best practices for establishing internal valuation infrastructure and processes
* Examples of various valuation models and best practices
* Overview of fair value concepts including SFAS 157 and FV hierarchy
* Impact of recent accounting pronouncements
Date: Monday, May 10, 2010
Time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm (followed by cocktails)
Location: Ernst & Young's Office, 5 Times Square (7th Ave b/w 42nd and 41st Streets)