NYPEN International Series: Investing in China
Invitation Link: http://guest.cvent.com/d/qdq57n/4W
NYPEN INTERNATIONAL SERIES
HOW U.S. PRIVATE EQUITY INVESTORS CAN PARTICIPATE IN CHINA’S GROWTH
The New York Private Equity Network is pleased to invite you to its second International Series educational event, entitled ‘Investing in China 101’, on Wednesday, November 10th. The format will be a panel of experts followed by a networking reception, with a focus on what you need to know to get a private equity deal done in China.
China is the most populous nation in the world, the world’s second largest economy, and a key emerging private equity market. A stellar lineup of experts – including some based in China and visiting New York to participate in this event – will address key questions such as:
- What have been some of the most successful private equity investments in China – and what made them ‘work’?
- What are the best investment theses for private equity investors seeking to participate in China’s continued economic growth?
- What about the capital markets environment is different from the U.S.?
- How can a control-oriented leveraged buyout investor participate in China? How can a growth oriented investor participate?
- What are the best ways to execute accounting diligence and executive background checks?
- How are the country’s business norms around board governance and strategy development different from that in the U.S., particularly for formerly state owned firms?
- What are the regulatory constraints on foreign private equity investment in major industries?
- What are the most tax-efficient structures for U.S. private equity firms investing in China?
- What liquidity alternatives, including repatriation of proceeds, are available to U.S. private equity investors?
Our speakers are a distinguished set of experienced ‘China hands’ from management consulting, investment banking, accounting, law, and risk management, including:
- Xiaoyang 'XY' Li, the senior corporate partner for Kirkland & Ellis in China and formerly the corporate practice head of China’s largest law firm; Li has worked with Silver Lake Partners, Bain Capital, and Carlyle on investments in China (based in Shanghai)
- Iain N. Drayton, a Managing Director and senior leader of Goldman Sachs in China (based in Hong Kong)
- Chul-Joon Park, who led Bain & Company’s Asia-Pacific Private Equity Practice from 2004 to 2010 (now based in New York)
- J. Matthew Sutton, a Partner at Ernst & Young who has worked with Baidu, CNOOC, and the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (based in New York)
- Kenneth S. Springer, Founder and President of Corporate Resolutions, a business investigations firm with due diligence experience in China (based in New York)
This is a unique, focused opportunity to hear from – and meet in person – these respected country experts here in New York City, and we hope you will attend. Registration is free to all current private equity professionals.
Date: Wednesday, November 10th, 2010
Location: Kirkland & Ellis, 601 Lexington Avenue (between 53rd & 54th Streets)
Timing: Doors open at 6:30pm for cocktails and networking. Formal Presentation will begin at 7:00pm sharp, followed by a cocktail reception for networking with the speakers at 8:30pm.