NYPEN: Tax Considerations for Private Equity Deals
Invitation Link: http://www.cvent.com/d/5cqpd3/4W
The New York Private Equity Network (NYPEN) and Ernst & Young LLP would like to invite you to an educational session, "Tax Considerations for Private Equity Deals", which will be held on Monday, April 2 at 7:00 PM.
The session will cover the key value drivers and areas of tax risk at various stages of a transaction process. You will be able to evaluate structuring alternatives up-front and monetize tax opportunities post-closing. The discussion will be led by practitioners from Ernst and Young's Transaction Tax practice.
What You Can Expect to Learn
· Understanding of basic tax structuring and planning concepts
· Common misconceptions about taxes in financial models and valuations
· Tax due diligence best practices from pre-bid to post-closing
· Impact on buyers and sellers when assessing stock vs. asset deals
· Limitations on the use of NOLs, transaction costs, interest and other deductions
· Common state and local and non-income tax issues
Date: Monday, April 2, 2012
Time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm (followed by cocktails)
Location: Ernst & Young's Office, 5 Times Square (7th Ave b/w 42nd and 41st Streets), 23rd floor