NYPEN: Due Diligence: What You Need to Know About the FCPA
Invitation Link: http://www.cvent.com/d/7cq112/4W
The New York Private Equity Network ("NYPEN"), Corporate Resolutions Inc. and Kirkland & Ellis LLP invite you to a panel discussion on "Due Diligence: What you Need to Know About the FCPA" on Monday, May 14, 2012.
The US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act is no longer an arcane legal statute. Recent events have thrust the FCPA onto the front pages of major news publications. As the private equity industry becomes increasingly global and interest increases in investing in emerging markets, private equity investors are increasingly contending with the US FCPA and its implications for themselves and their portfolio companies. In this environment, the session will cover best practices for private equity sponsors including:
· The latest developments in DOJ and SEC enforcement actions.
· Due diligence “dos and don’ts”.
· Red flags in transactional due diligence and portfolio company monitoring.
Panelists will include:
· Donald P. Klaskin, Managing Director, Corporate Resolutions, a business investigations firm with a wide range of due diligence experience including FCPA issues (based in New York)
· Samuel Williamson, Partner, Government Enforcement and Investigations, Kirkland & Ellis LLP (based in Shanghai)
Date: Monday, May 14, 2012
Time: 7:00 - 8:30pm
Location: Offices of Kirkland & Ellis LLP, 601 Lexington Avenue (betw. 54th and 53rd Streets)