NYPEN: IT Due Diligence: Capturing Value Rather Than Checking The Box
Invitation Link: http://www.cvent.com/d/h4qknw/4W
The New York Private Equity Network (NYPEN) and Alvarez & Marsal are pleased to invite you to a panel discussion on "IT Due Diligence: Capturing Value Rather Than Checking The Box” .
Learn about key risks related to a target company's IT systems that can be identified in diligence, as well as related best practices to accelerate value creation. The session topics include:
• Diligence approaches for Highly Technology Enabled (HTE) Targets: This session will highlight how to effectively execute Operational diligence on HTE Targets and how best to ascertain the quality of the technical resources and intellectual property
• Assessing risk in complex carve-outs and negotiating favorable TSAs: The panel will be discuss individual cases where TSAs enhanced or destroyed value in the first year of a carve-out.
• Identifying operational gaps that masquerade as IT issues: The session will cover the most common operational process issues that present as systems gaps and failures and then discuss how to think about these challenges on a resolution and cost continuum.
The A&M panelists each bring over 15 years of IT expertise to the session and have led over hundreds of transactions. The A&M panelist are:
Jeffrey Klein: Senior Director, Information Technology, Private Equity Services Operations
- Industry experience includes manufacturing, healthcare, FSI and Technology enabled businesses. Special focus on complex carve outs and TSAs.
Jeff Shaffer: Senior Director, Information Technology, Private Equity Services Operations
- Industry experience includes retail, manufacturing, life sciences and post-secondary education. Special focus on complex carve outs and eCommerce.
Mark Neibart: Senior Director Information, Technology, Private Equity Services Operations
- Industry experience includes business and professional services, healthcare, manufacturing and education. Special focus on ERP and back office systems.
Matt Bryce: Director, Information Technology, Private Equity Services Operations
- Industry experience includes financial services, high technology (hardware and software), marketing services, transportation, telecommunications, oil and gas. Special focus on software development and complex integrations.
Location: Offices of Warburg Pincus, LLC
450 Lexington Avenue (45th Street and Lexington Avenue)
Date: Monday, November 11, 2013